Friday, June 19, 2009

Sky Watch Friday

As usual, I couldn't decide on which shot to post so there are more than one here. I haven't plastered this all over my blog but I've been unemployed since March of last year after getting laid off. It's been a struggle and I will testify that I give honor to God for keeping my head above water all of this time. Every bill was met and my refrigerator was always full.


Through this period it has been my photography that allowed me to get off the sofa, get away from the endless resume submissions and interviews that lead nowhere and escape "reality" and just enjoy God's green earth and all of the natural wonders in this world.


It was getting out taking pictures like this that gave me time to find inner peace, dwell on my knowledge of his love and give me some joy.


Standing on my faith was not always easy as the world around me was so negative. I had only my faith to stand on and though the wind of life blew and caused me to waiver, I never fell from the rock on which I stand. I got a call yesterday and heard the words I've been waiting to hear... "are you ready to come work for me?" My eyes still well with tears of joy, tears of knowing my God exists and that he is ALWAYS right on time.


How can anyone look at skies like this and not believe there is a God filled with love? To anyone facing any struggles, not sure what tomorrow will bring... God is there for you if you just reach out and believe. I'm off of my podium now but I just had to share this.

All of these shots were taken within minutes of each other and the rising moon stood over my shoulder as I took them. I took the shot of the moon as I stood ready to get back in my car to go home.

To participate in Sky Watch Friday and/or to see more great photos of the sky from all over the world Click here or on the Sky Watch Icon below:

23 comments:

kjpweb said...

I can understand your indecision. :)
They are ALL gorgeous.

Cheers, Klaus

Shey said...

Beautiful post! Congratulations. Appreciating nature is a very positive way to ease our stresses in life. I'm happy for you. :)

Gaelyn said...

These are all beautiful captures. Nature is always there for us. So glad life is turning around for you. Good luck with the new job.

Clueless in Boston said...

Wonderful skywatch pictures. I think I like the 2nd sunset and the moon pictures best, but don't think I could pick a winner between these two.

Louise said...

These are all wonderful shots. I admire your faith and am so glad something came through for you. How wonderful. And how wonderful we have such a beautiful world and you have a camera that helped you through that time!

chrome3d said...

The skies have the answer to almost everything. Great that they have given you so much. Good luck with the new job and all.

Regina said...

I'm happy for you. Congratulations on your new job. He is great God.

These are great shots. Nice post.

SquirrelQueen said...

All of these are so beautiful.

Carol said...

Great photos and great testimony.

Photo Cache said...

I agree with you about looking at the sky and believe there is no God. Hang in there.

George said...

Beautiful pictures and a beautiful testimony. I hope your new job goes well and God Bless You.

Unseen India Tours said...

This is so beautiful !! Really loved this post...Thanks for sharing the real beauty...Unseen Rajasthan..I am you 100 follower now...

Judy said...

My favourite is the last one, of the moon! So glad that you are going to be working again. It is really tough being unemployed. But I know what you mean about the search for photos keeping you going.

storyteller said...

I'm happy for this good news and say AMEN to all you've shared along with your lovely sky views this week. God is present always. I'm glad your photography helped you through this difficult period and appreciate you sharing so generously here. I shared COLORFUL skies at Sacred Ruminations and more usual neighborhood skies at Happily Retired Gal this week for Sky Watch ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Inday said...

You are right there Sweetie. This world is full of negativity. They forget that God has promised of something wonderful. Only they refused to listen and obey Him. That is why, they cannot see the beautiful skies whether they come in the night or they come at daytime like you did here. I am sharing your tears of joy. All the very best to you. It pays to be thankful. :)

Jane Hards Photography said...

Why choose one when you have so many and varied beauties.

Linnea said...

Those are all beautiful and full of mystery. I'm happy that you received a call to go back to work. I hope that everything works out for you, but I hope that you'll continue to find time for your wonderful photography, too!

Unknown said...

Wow, very breathtaking view, match well with the story and I too congratulates you. Letting things be and nevery worrying gets us to where we are right now, not fighting the universe's flow is also good.

Sylvia K said...

They're all fabulous! Gorgeous colors, magnificent sunset and a lovely moon to top it all off!

Have a great weekend!

Esther Garvi said...

A perfect!

kazu said...

Beautiful sunset!and moon is cool.
Great photos.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your new job !!! I am so happy for you !!

I'm going to have to show this post to my husband .. he has been out of work since last december, after also being laid off. It truely can be a soul destroying journey and you just have to keep faith..

Those are all really beautiful photos..

Ebie said...

What a wonderful post. Congratulations! .....really works in mysterious ways.