Wednesday, April 30, 2008

PEACOCKS

I went to the Arboretum today. 468 photos. I think I should have called this blog Picture Taking Fool. I got so many great shots. How do I even narrow down which few I will post? I'll try. I'll start with the peacocks. Before I could even get to the front of the building there was a peacock there strutting it's stuff and a bunch of snaggle toothed kids in awe of it.













These last two pictures are of the female peacock. I'd almost forgotten that the females didn't look like the male peacocks.



5 comments:

Genxster said...

These are great peacock pix. I especially like the fifth one. I think it's a delightful portrait. I would love to try to draw or paint this. Can I get permission from you to use this as a reference for a drawing? It would be for personal use only and if I post the drawing on my blog I will definitely give you credit for the inspiring pic and a link to the post that the photo appears. So? Can I huh, huh, can I?

BTW, how sweet of you to link to my blog! *hugs*

BNS said...

This is an excellent collection of shots. I'd be hard pressed to choose just one as a favorite.

Bobbie

Anonymous said...

Genxster - Of course you have persmission to use it. I'd love to see it when you're done!

Anonymous said...

Bobbie - Thank you so much!! There were so many more I wanted to share.

Pok Dell said...

Does this peacock live in your garden? It's great shot u got there..