Monday, April 19, 2010

My World Tuesday - Photo Tour/The Giraffes

My world right now is still focused on my trip to the San Diego Wild Animal Park last week. I had such a great time, just me and my camera that I'm still reeling from all of the photos I took and at how beautiful the who park was. I can't wait to go back and would love to before summer sets in and the heat starts turning everything brown.


On my way back from training in San Diego, I stopped at the San Diego Wild Animal Park. I actually splurged and took the photo tour. I thought it would feel a little like being on safari. It was great but it really wasn't worth the $90 they charge. That's too much for what you get. I don't regret doing it but I don't think I would do it again. Entirely too much money.

Anyhoo, it was still cool to get a closer look at the animals and it was an amazing experience to watch the giraffes come right up to the truck and stick their heads in looking for the leaves they would be fed. If you've got the money to "splurge" I would recommend it just for the experience. Still, they really need to drop that price.

My hat's off to the tour guide. She was full of interesting information about the animals and the park. Can't wait to post more of my photos from my trip to SDWAP and this photo tour.


9 comments:

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

T: Neat shots of the big animals, did you know they have the same number of vertebrate in their neck as we do?

Photo Cache said...

I didn't realize that they charge that much for that attraction. A few years ago we went to the zoo but forego the wild animal park.

Well, you had great pix. Sorry you didn't get your money's worth.

www.ewok1993.wordpress.com

Sylvia K said...

Well, your photos are terrific regardless of the tour and $90 does seem pretty far out! Look forward to seeing more! Hope you have a great week!

Sylvia

Animor said...

Those are fantastic photo of giraffes, very clear shots. Your lucky to be there and experience the fun.

George said...

These are truly wonderful pictures of the giraffes. I'm glad you took the photo tour, even if it was expensive. I hope you'll share more pictures in the future.

Noel Morata said...

aloha,

thanks for showing us a little bit about your corner of the world today....these are cool parks, i've always wanted to visit one so i'll just be enjoying your tour for now

Unknown said...

that must be fun! i've never been this close to giraffes--i know they're gentle but their sheer size makes me nervous. love the shots!

Pat said...

These are fantastic photos of the giraffes! What fun to have them come right up to the vehicle you're riding in.

NatureFootstep said...

how charming :)