Sunday, January 27, 2008

CABO SAN LUCAS


I just got back from a five day smooth jazz cruise that stopped in Cabo San Lucas and Ensenada. Man, I had such a wonderful time! Not only did I get to hear some of my favorite jazz musicians for five days but I got to use my new camera taking beautiful pictures. How many beautiful pictures? Well, I have 7 CD's full of pictures of musicians playing and of the ports where we stopped. LOL! That's a lot of photos. These are only some. I'll be posting more as I look at and edit them.



Just imagine it's 7:00 a.m. and you're standing on the top deck at the front on the ship watching as you cruise along the peninsula. It's quiet and peaceful, there's a good chill in the air because it's so early and just a few other people are also watching because it's early. How anyone can stay in bed and miss this part of the cruise amazes me. Most of the pictures in the slideshow are from that position on the ship with some really good close-ups of the rock formations and cove thanks to my zoon lens.

I was expecting the ship to dock. It didn't. It anchored off shore and there were taxi boats that pulled up to the ship to take us to shore. That was actually pretty cool.

If you want to snorkel, horseback ride, parasail, kayak or any of the other wonderful things you can do, this is the place to do it. It's absolutely beautiful as you can see from the pictures. I would suggest booking your tour or adventure on the ship. We were completely overwhelmed with the number of merchants/tour guides who lined the streets, all coming at you at once trying to get you on their boats. It might be a little more expensive booked on the ship but at least you're fairly sure their reputable.

I didn't much care for the fact that you don't see any cabs or rides into downtown which is supposed to have the best shopping. It wasn't until we'd seemed to walk forever that we found a cab to take us back and then found out where the cabs were that we could have taken in the first place.


Just me, but I had the best time after we got back on the ship, had lunch and I took more pictures of everything going on in the water around the ship. There were quite a few parasails out, jet skis, boats, tour boats and I could even see the horseback tour travelling along the shoreline. Peaceful and beautiful!

If you want to check out the smooth jazz portion of this cruise they'll be on my jazz blog A Little Mo' Jazz. I've only got a few pics up but will be adding more there also.

No comments: