Sunday, January 13, 2008

OAHU, HAWAII - Polynesian Cultural Center



A few years ago I had the opportunity to go to Hawaii. It was only for the weekend but I had a great time and would love to go again. We stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village Resort which was like a little city unto itself. I swear, you didn't have to leave the hotel. It consisted of three towers and inbetween them was an entire shopping center, resaurants, the beach and anything you could hope for.

We did manage to leave the hotel and got to visit the Polynesian Cultural Center and Pearl Harbor. I will never forget either place. Nor will I forget the drive along the coast to the cultural center.

POLYNESIAN CULTURAL CENTER


The Polynesian Cultural Center was phenomenal and I wish we had been able to see more of it. It is separated into eight small villages that represents different cultures of the South Pacific. You visit each village and learn about the culture in a show setting.

It's all so lush and beautiful and after you've learned about all of the different cultures there is a parade on water presented my members of each of the different cultures.



I wish I could display all of the pictures I took but hope these are giving you an idea of how colorful and entertaining the parade was.





If you haven't been to Hawaii please go. If you think you can't afford it, just start saving a little money and plan to go. It will be so worth it. Did I mention the airport was as charming as the island.

No comments: