Saturday, November 1, 2008

Will Your Vote Really Count

Image from http://www.whereistheoutrage.net

You might want to read the story that goes with this picture as well.

I had to post this. Ever since the fiasco with Gore and the hanging chads I haven't trusted our voting process. It didn't help that voting became computerized. I have a real problem with my vote being in the hands of someone who programs a computer to do what it tells it to do with my vote. Am I the only one?

I am less worried about voter fraud where someone might vote twice or under an assumed name than I am the kind of voter fraud that can be done on a massive scale by faulty voting machines or software programmed to calculate and or change votes in the favor of the whatever way the programmer may seem fit. Who is checking? What I know is that when I click on my internet icon, it's NOT my Word program that opens. What I know is that no matter where and how many times I've punched my pin number in at an ATM it has NEVER linked me to someone else's account. Clicking an option and having it totalled is very easy. There's nothing complicated that should not have number total correctly. There is something fishy in our democratic voting process and it's got nothing to do with Acorn. Why hasn't anyone screamed with outrage?

I saw this clip and it only bothered me even more. I just want to tell everyone that if you're using a computerized voting machine PLEASE pay attention and make sure that what you select is what you select. Pay attention to what is going on. No one should tamper with our right to vote and to not have that vote tampered with or altered.





All I'm saying is check your vote and then pray that those behind the machines aren't twisting it to vote the way they want it. Ask yourself will your vote really count and if you're not sure it's time we as a people demand the government insure they do something about it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Guess what? None of this has taken God by surprise. I am going to follow the Laws of the Land and cast my vote on election day. I live in FL and am very aware of the hanging chads, (my son caught hell that year, his name is Chad)Do I really trust anything that's political? No! Aren't they all liars to some degree? Sad, but true. I am going to continue to Praise the Lord and give thanks that I am a child of His and let Him handle the rest. Stressing over this is only playing into the plans of the Prince of the power of the air.
God Bless and thank you for your wonderful blog I do enjoy visiting you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Darla and you're right. I appreciate your visits and comments. Thanks! :-)

bluedreamer27 said...

oh i wasnt so familiar with that voting system coz here in Philippines were just having the manual system of voting
but i think they were planning to have electronic system this coming 2010
elections
have a great day

Anonymous said...

Amen to that!