Friday, May 22, 2009

Skywatch Friday

I think it's interesting and great how the colors in the sky can change almost dramatically in just a matter of minutes as evidenced in the shots below.


And when I see the mountains like in the photo below I always think of the part in our national anthem "for purple mountains majesty, above the fruited plains....". The mountains really do look purple.



To participate in Sky Watch Friday and/or to see more great photos of the sky from all over the world Click here or on the Sky Watch Icon below:

16 comments:

Regina said...

That's very true, the colors change so fast.
Great shots!

Nicole said...

Oh my sweet goodness.
These are beautiful!
And yes, colours change in an instant :)

Photo Cache said...

Isn't that so true. Sunsets don't last long enough I thought. But wonderful captures.

dianasfaria.com said...

I love watching this very same thing happen in the sky. I think it's the best part of watching skies!

erin said...

lovely captures tanya.
have a wonderful weekend.

Anonymous said...

So serene - Just beautiful & gorgeous colors

Sylvia K said...

Fabulous sunset shots! Exquisite colors! Doesn't get any better than this! Thanks for sharing!

Guy D said...

Both are gorgeous shots, you never disappoint.

Have a great weekend.
Guy
Regina In Pictures

Gaelyn said...

It is majestic and peaceful at the same time. Great captures, as always.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I've learned since doing Skywatch. That if I see something in the sky I went to photograph. I need to take the picture right then, if I can do it safely.
Great pictures.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

An amazing difference TB. I prefer the striking colors of the first one.

Jane Hards Photography said...

It is fascinating to also see how the colours changge around the world. Yours are so bold and subtle within two images.

Ebie said...

Both are beautiful shots. And indeed, purple skies.

Pacey said...

Ha! I've posted a golden sunset too for this week. Great great shots you showed us now.

Jim said...

Great sunsets.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

storyteller said...

Such BEAUTIFUL photographs of the changing skies!
Hugs and blessings,