Saturday, June 20, 2009

Today's Flowers

These were taken at my last trip to the Huntington Library Museum & Botanical Gardens near Pasadena, California. I went to see the Stinky Plant (not the real name but I'll post it later), and I saw these water lilies in the Chinese Garden.


The shot above is just one view from the Chinese Garden. This one shows where the lily pads were located.


These were so large that if you hold up your palms and hold your hands together the flower would fill your hands.


I don't remember ever seeing one with this center before. Reminds me of a wax candle. Don't you just want to reach out with a match and light it?


If you like flowers, check out the link below for more photos from bloggers participating in Today's Flowers.

9 comments:

Carletta said...

I love the reflection of the bridge!
Love the lighting and shadow in the second image.
Great shots!
I think I saw your comment about a stinky plant on another blog's flower post. I saw one in DC once.
Looking forward to what you found.

My post is here: Carletta’s Captures.

SquirrelQueen said...

A very beautiful flower, I really like that bridge and the reflection.
Have a wonderful day,
SQ

Leora said...

The bridge looks like it belongs to a princess. The flower at bottom looks like it is made out of candy, a sticky and sweet sort.

i beati said...

looks like my lake - cork in middle hahha

Unknown said...

That's what I really thought, a candy like sweet scent wax candle, which I collect and I want to have it. Great great shots again.

sweetmom said...

nice bridge very unique with a lovely flowers. Check my river also at My Little Angels..

Regina said...

Beautiful lilies. The first photo is fantastic.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Woo! That centre of the flower is amazing! Wonder if it is firm or soft! I have never seen this before! Wonderful photos!

OldLady said...

We livded 5 years in Chine. This brige and lotus flowers are very real.
Beautiful!