Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sea Anemone

I wish I had paid more attention to the sea anemones when I was taking pictures. See how much I don't know. I didn't know these were actual animals. I thought they were plants. There were so many different kind that I did not take pictures of. I looked them up on Wikipedia.

They basically only have one opening that performs as both the mouth and anus. Wow, can't imagine how that would throw off the taste buds. Aren't you glad we're not built the same way. LOL!


10 comments:

kjpweb said...

Yuk! There was no need to place this thought into my head. I'm having my morning coffee!!!! ;)
Really interesting stuff, though!
Cheers, Klaus

Jayne said...

Can I just say Ewwwwwwww.

Anonymous said...

Klaus - Sorry 'bout that. :-) But I did think it was interesting too.

Jayne - LOL! I agree. :-D

Anonymous said...

I really like the look of these animals. I suspect what I am looking at is one of the unmentionable words related to mouth. LOL

Your photos are really stunning for things like this. I hope you know it.

John Theberge said...

They look like big under water flowers so I can see how it would be easy to mistake them for plants.

Anonymous said...

Well...I know a few people who seem to have the same anatomy :-) These are great shots!

Anonymous said...

Abraham Lincoln - LOL! Now that you mention it I guess it does look like exactly what it is. :-D And thank you so much for the compliment. Coming from the pro you are it means a lot. :-)

John Theberge - They are something else. :-)

June - LOL! Now that you mention it I might know some people like that too! :-D

Anonymous said...

Great details and colours in these shots! Very well done.

2sweetnsaxy said...

Craig Wilson - Thank you very much!
:-)

BNS said...

Excellent! (Thinking of creatures like this adds a whole new dimension to the term "potty mouth," doesn't it??)

Bobbie