Thursday, January 29, 2009

Little Furry Things

These were some of the cute little guys at the zoo. The first two were in the animal care center and I forgot to get the names of them.


I don't know the actual name of this little guy but we'll call him the moustache monkey.



I do know this is called a meerkat. Sometimes he doesn't come out from behind the rocks in his little domain but today he was in rare form posing for the cameras, taking as much interest in the small crowd as we had in it.


9 comments:

Unknown said...

You have the most fun at the zoo don't you? Great photos, funny mustache monkey!

Anonymous said...

Darla - LOL! I do. I think my problem is I just like taking photos and the zoo has the most subjects. :-) I bought a membership so now it's free to go for the year. Plus, it's good exercise.

EG CameraGirl said...

AWE! Aren't these critters fun?

Walker said...

I see your meekats, ha ha. Nice pictures.

George said...

You've certainly captured some cute critters. I hope you go back to the zoo real soon.

Anonymous said...

I believe those first guys are chipmunks...though I wouldn't swear to it. And that next guy...don't believe I've ever seen one of them before! Cute pics all...

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Those are Marmoset Monkeys and are just the sweetest little things. I used to breed them many years ago. A wonderful series again.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful shots! Someone had fun at the zoo, I can see. ;-)

Paz (inspired to go to the zoo)

mjpineda said...

Great photos! The first little guys are Harris's Antelope Ground Squirrels and then is the Emperor Tamarin.