Saturday, January 17, 2009

My Color Project

I FINALLY figured out how to add color to a black and white photo. YIPPEE!!! I've been trying everything in PhotoShop to do this, even following their instructions. I finally figured out today that I can't change the photo to grayscale. I have to removed the color instead and work in layers.

I took this photo the other day at the arboretum because I thought these kids were too cute. I had no intention of posting this because I don't like to post photos of people without asking but this will be my exception because I thought this came out great. So... here are my first official color changing project!


The one below is my great niece.

13 comments:

Mike said...

I really like what you have done, not over done, just right, nice one, I would like to see more. Mike.

Anonymous said...

Nice. Photobucket also has an edit program. You can paint on colors. I made a picture black and white and then painted the bananas yellow.

Unknown said...

That is so cool.

George said...

I like the subtle colors you added. Very good. Now I guess I'm going to have to do more experimentation.

Anonymous said...

It's fun to do these creative things, isn't it! Like these a lot...

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

You did real well 2sweetnsaxy. :)

BNS said...

Terrific. Please do some more like this for us to enjoy.

Bobbie

Melissa said...

Wow, awesome shots. Really beautiful...

Maria said...

Looks great adding colour to the black and white photos! Well done!

Jayne said...

What a neat effect! So subtle and sweet. :c)

Mary said...

You did a great job with this! I like your choices for where to leave color. Neat!

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Gosh! I love this! You've gotta show me how to do this. I love your photos here.

Paz

Carletta said...

I'm with everyone else - really cool. Such a sweet picture of these little ones. Painting only three pavers was just right.
Your great niece is a cutie!