Saturday, April 25, 2009

Kind of A Squirrely Day - RSABG #2

I went to Rancho Santa Ana Botanical Gardens yesterday. I walked my booty off. Okay, not really. It's still back there but it was quite a trek and I almost got lost. I didn't realize how far back it extended. Why can't I go anywhere without taking over 400 shots? I get back and it's very difficult to share them without boring anyone. I posted a few shots below this post of some of the lady bugs that were out. They were everywhere!


These are just a couple of the squirrels that were rustling through the leaves under the many trees. This first one caught my attention sitting on the top of a bench as I walked towards it. I managed to get a couple of shots before a jogger came close enough to send it leaping into the nearest tree.


I copped a squat on a bench for a minute and as I was sitting there browsing through the photos I'd taken I hear a rustling in the leaves over my shoulder. I look over and this little guy is sitting there less than a yard from the bench and it let me take a couple of close-ups. Actually, I got quite a few. :-)

9 comments:

Dee & Dylan said...

Great pictures, it,s as if your sqirrel was posing just for the camera. Fantastic (:-)

Anonymous said...

I'd say that's a brave lil squirrel to stick around & let you take pics of him! They're really clear pics too! Look at his lil paws, that's so cute! hehehe

Anonymous said...

With shots as beautiful and natural like these squirrels. I would love to see all your 400+ shots for sure :)
Awesome shot of the squirrel!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

I have always wondered where the expression "I worked my butt off" comes from when this does not really happen?? LOL!! Wish it were true. :)

A lovely post TB. These are the cutest little creatures and I could never see how people could shoot them.

penny said...

Your shots are amazing! I always enjoy your journeys and humor ~ Thanks 2sweet, you brighten my day!...

VALKYRIEN said...

I love these animals! But how on earth did you get him to sit quiet and pose for you! They NEVER do that where I live!

DeniseinVA said...

Wonderful images and you know how much I love squirrels ;-) Adorable photos.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

T: What a beautiful Gray Squirrel. You got some cute poses.

Esther Garvi said...

I LOVE squirrels!!!! The gray ones are just super cute!