Monday, April 27, 2009

My World Tuesday/Nature Notes - RSABG #5

I've been posting about my visit to Rancho Santa Ana Botanical Gardens. I wanted to finally give you a glimpse of what it actually looks like inside rather than just the things I photographed. The only thing I don't like about Rancho Santa Ana is that as far as the vegetation goes, you just about see the same thing no matter where you are except in the desert section where the cacti and desert plants grow.


Thought the paths and areas are different there's not much variety during your walk or hope of seeing something different than what you saw on the path you were on half an hour ago.


Having said that, I still enjoyed myself and would recommend it to anyone. It's sad they've started charging rather than just taking donations but I can imagine how many people walked in without dropping a dime in the donation bin.


I highly recommend clicking on some of the smaller photos so you can get a real view of the beauty and thick plants and trees that surround you along the paths.






If you'd like to cyber-travel to little parts of the world or join the fun, click on the icon below for your boarding pass. Or maybe you're more interested in checking out a little bit of nature from other parts of the world. Then check out Nature Notes.



25 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Lovely post as always! And really lovely photos! I would really love to walk where you were, it looks delightful! Have a great week!

Barb said...

I've enjoyed your tour. I really like the last picture - just inviting us to see what's around the bend. Lovely as always.

storyteller said...

What a lovely series of photos from a beautiful natural spot tucked away in an urban area. I especially like the first one ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

kayleen said...

What an absolutely gorgeous spot. I can easily understand why you came away with over 400 photos. Each and every photo is splendid.

Nebraska Birding

Esther Garvi said...

The first picture of flowers was lovely, and then followed a handful of animals! Love your world!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos, beatiful nature!
Mary Elizabeth @ Now and Then

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

What a great place to take a walk with a camera. Thanks.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Adorable creatures.

Guy D said...

The colors are alive, wonderful photos as always.

Have a great week.
Guy
Regina In Pictures

Unknown said...

The paths are so wonderful maybe because some are just intriguing where it leads. I love that beautiful flower though.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shots to set up your story, the last photo looks like a painting.

judi/Gmj said...

Thanks for sharing this walk. I enlarged the small photos, and I love love love the little squirrel smelling the flower!

Unknown said...

Beautiful series. You managed to get a shot of the hummingbird drinking nectar. That's fabulous timing and to pull in off in a natural environment without setups is truly incredible.

Unknown said...

A trip there would be right up my alley. Gorgeous photographs.

RJ Flamingo said...

Wonderful series! And what a great capture of the hummingbird - you really should have called attention to it. Ah well, great minds think alike, right? :-)

Indrani said...

Lovely series of shots!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

That is really beautiful TB. No wonder your can spend hours there. I would too. :)

J said...

I espcially like the first photo. Looks like a great place to chill and relax away from the hustle and bustle.

BLS said...

Looks like a great spot to spend the day. Does anyone know what the small animal is? I guess a chipmunk if there is even such an animal. Or is that just on TV?

Leanne said...

Thanks for taking me along on your walk love the bottom snap with the sun shining through.

Latane Barton said...

very nice pictures. Love that last one, wonder where the path goes past the curve.

Judy said...

Wonderful photos, as always! My favourite is the hummingbird in the irises. Just all the colours, and the way you haven't quite stopped all the movement in his wings!

The Birdlady said...

What a beautiful place! Great work on the hummer!

Erin said...

a fab place to visit and it used to be one of my favorites...thank you for sharing the lovely series of photos from your visit.
have a good day.

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Queste foto sono veramente fantastiche !! :-)