Monday, April 6, 2009

My World Tuesday - Bonelli Park

I'm always talking about Bonelli Park or the lake that is up the street from me. I made a video clip a couple of months ago but don't remember if I ever posted it so I thought it was a perfect post to share it in - My World. It's large enough that it's sectioned off into three areas - beach, boats and picnics. There are also little alcoves that can't be seen in the video like over to the right of the reservoir wall.



The actual park is so large that it has hiking trails, riding trails and parts of the park where you don't even see the lake and wouldn't know it was there if you didn't actually venture down some of the turn-outs that lead to it.


During the summer season they rent rowboats, paddle board and those little cart/bicycle things that you can ride along the paths around the lake.


And then, of course, there is always the fishing that goes on all over the late from the small piers that stretch over the water to standing on the shoreline.




If you'd like to cyber-travel to little parts of the world or join the fun, click on the icon below for your boarding pass.

24 comments:

Erin said...

i always enjoyed the lake when we lived in california...it is hard to believe that there is such a lovely area so close to so many millions of people.
thanks for sharing this post.
check out my most recent post of my february italy trip if you have time.

Guy D said...

Awesome photos, the 3rd one is spectacular.

Have a great week!
Guy
Regina In Pictures

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

T: What a neat lake and a neat Egret capture. I loved the first photo with the neat reflection.

Sylvia K said...

Fantastic shots! Love them all hard to pick a favorite, but I particularly love the first one! Thanks for sharing! Have a great week!

George said...

What a wonderful place to visit. The photos are fantastic. I really enjoyed this visit to your world.

Louise said...

Makes me long for summer by a lake! No lakes here. I is that. Yours is GORGEOUS!

penny said...

I always love to see your beautiful world. You capture it so well.

Ebie said...

You have a beautiful park. I love the reflection. And your last picture of the birdie(don't know the name)is just perfect, most probably shaking off the water.

Arija said...

A great recreational place and so very well photographed. Some stunning shots.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Fantastic place TB and so nice to have it nearby.

Reader Wil said...

Thank you for the beautiful trip along the lake! Your photos are stunning! Thanks also for your visit ! Have a great week.

Jane Hards Photography said...

My knid of world, pecaeful, beautiful and feel you with a sense of well being.

Nick S said...

Wonderful scenery. Its almost like being there !

FO - 2 said...

Wonderful place and landscape.
Beautiful reflection in the first capture. :)

magiceye said...

absolutely brilliant captures all!

Rick said...

Nice photos. Thanks for sharing, The shot of the crane (?) was especially good.

Judy said...

I love that first shot! It looks like a real springtime! Especially the fluffy clouds reflected in the water!
But the egret just cracks me up!

DeniseinVA said...

Your photos are always so enjoyable. Loved the video. I could look at those views and listen to all the sounds for ages, the little ducks, the dog barking, another little bird out there somewhere, and even the plane flying over. Great post!

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

Beautiful photos especially the egret

Esther Garvi said...

Wonderful world, 2sweety!! So much more watery than mine!

Unknown said...

This looks like a gorgeous park, we have something similar near to us and their priceless for recreation. That bird is amazing!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful world you have there. So serene and calming scenes.

Rajesh said...

Nice snaps.

I liked the one with the bird

Janie said...

Beautiful park. I love that reflection shot and that lovely white bird.