Sunday, April 26, 2009

Mellow Yellow Monday - RSABG #4

Though this is my entry for Mellow Yellow Monday, it's also my 4th from my visit to the Rancho Santa Ana Botanical Gardens. I've never seen this before but I thought the flowers were so pretty and interesting. They sure made for great shots. The plant/bush/tree is called Fromontodendron, or "Fred Taylor", or California Glory. When I first saw it is was a huge bush than spilled over with it's flowers along the ramp up to the top level of the gardens. This first one was taken at eye level as I walked up the ramp. It was about 2 feet tall.


But as I walked far back into the gardens I saw these as what I guess you would call trees. To give you a perspective on the size, if I was standing next to it, my head would be about half way up in the photo and there were taller ones.



Notice how the center looks almost like plastic.




Click on the icon below to participate or visit the brightest meme on the internet and brighten up your day!

19 comments:

lilly said...

These are lovely.

RA said...

Wonderful yellow flowers to brighten up the day! Have a great week :)

John Theberge said...

Lovely photos. Looking at all your colorful flower photos really makes me anxious for summer.

Carol said...

Beautiful yellow photos...I love the bush/tree....great macro shots....

Nicole said...

Those are indeed special and beautiful!

Debo Hobo said...

Fantastic, spring always brings forth such beauty...

penny said...

What a spectular bush. The flower resembles a orchid plant I have in my yard.

Willa said...

they are beautiful!!!!

Teena in Toronto said...

What a lovely tree!

I played :)

Pacey said...

So bright flowers, and yeah it looks like plastic. I forgot to post for MYM this morning. :(

Anonymous said...

It's really pretty & quite yellow! I think a "tree" like that would look great in my back yard! hehehe

LuLo Designs/Blue Eyed Tango said...

oooh so pretty, my favorite is the last one! Happy blessings on MYM!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

T: What a colorful tree in yellow, really nice blooms.

Happily Retired Gal said...

Such beautiful yellow blossoms!
Hugs and blessings,

Danielle said...

Sounds like a lovely place to visit. As always the photos are wonderful. The centers do kind of look like plastic. Interesting...

MYM said...

Wonderful photos!

Anonymous said...

My Wows got bigger as I scrolled down that is an amazing bush, just gorgeous color!
love the closeups you got the center does look like plastic.

Connie T. said...

These are pretty yellow flowers. It is a huge bush, tree.

Allison said...

Beautiful!