Monday, April 20, 2009

Renaissance Pleasure Fair #2 - The Goods

Too bad I didn't have much money to spend. I might have actually tried to find one of those costumes to wear next year. They had several clothing booths/shops with plenty to choose from for men, women and kids.


Then there were all of the hand-crafted items and the beautiful hand-blown glass vases, ornaments and other glass items. Did I already say they were beautiful?






The one thing I would have really bought if I had the money would have been the puppet below. The craftmanship on these things were fantastic. The largest one was about $175.00. This was a smaller one but still a little steep for my pocket this weekend. They sit on your shoulder and with hand movements you make them move on your shoulder.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello, Ms. Sweet and Saxy! These are beautiful; just beautiful! I've never been to a 'Ren Fair before, though they happen around here (probably all over). I used to have a couple of parents of students who worked at the local fairs. I think that may be one reason I stayed away! They were both certifiably nuts!

I hope when I go I get to see such wonderful crafts. That puppet is amazing!

Lovely post!

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

nice

Unknown said...

What a colorful fair.....a little pricey for my pockets right now too!

Anonymous said...

I would have had a good time wandering around looking at all that stuff there! But $175.00? Wow

Carol said...

Hi...I came over for mellow yellow but I couldn't get past these gorgeous photos...beautiful color and so much detail in them...would have loved to go to that fair...love, love, love the dresses in #1...

Laurieluc said...

what fun! What a great day!

DeniseinVA said...

Would love to have wandered around that place. Looks like so much fun, so many things to see. Great photos!

Ebie said...

Those are pretty hand blown vases. I haven't been to one, but if I go, it would be cool, if I would dress up too. The $175 is not within my budget.

Mary said...

wow....all that cool stuff and color! Candy for the eye! That puppet is neat....can see why you like it!

Troop 1309 said...

Beautiful photos! Looks like alot of fun!